Cryptarithms and Alphametics
- Alphametic Puzzles
- A good selection of original puzzles, computer-generated by Truman Collins.
- Alphametic Puzzle Solver
- A web-based alphametic puzzle solver by Truman Collins. This will only solve addition puzzles, although any number of summands may be used.
- Cryptarithmetic Puzzle Solver
- Another online puzzle solver - by Naoyuki Tamura at Kobe University in Japan.
- Cryptarithms Online
- A large collection of cryptarithms, including cryptarithms from the journal Sphinx.
- "Cut the Knot!" Cryptarithms
- A collection of cryptarithms, by Alexander Bogomolny, for you to solve online.
- The official WWW ALPH.A.METIC Page
- A superb resource maintained by a true enthusiast, Mike Keith.
Section headings include: Traditional Alphametics, The Doubly-True Genre,
New Literary Frontiers, "Found" Alphametics, Chessametics,
Alphametic Word Squares, Order-N Alphametics,
Recent (circa 1998) compositions by Mike K.
The following quote will give you an idea of the scope and depth of this page: "In 1998 I conducted an exhaustive search of the 1,642,992,467 doubly-true alphametics with sum words TWO through ONEHUNDRED, and found that there are exactly 47764 with a unique solution. Here are some ... examples".